BENCHMADE Griptilian 551 Knife
Griptilian 551 Knife
When it comes to all around functionality, you can't beat the Griptilian. There are more shapes, sizes and colors available in the Griptilian than any other product family from Benchmade. Intended for Everyday, Outdoor or Tactical use, the Griptilian 551 has a lanyard hole and a standard clip type with a reversible tip-up clip position. Specifications: Designer: Pardue | Mechanism: AXIS | Action: Manual-opening | Blade Steel: 154CM (58-61 HRC) | Blade Length: 3.45" (8.76cm) | Blade Thickness: 0.115" (2.92mm) | Open Length: 8.07" (20.50cm) | Closed Length: 4.62" (11.73cm) | Handle Thickness: 0.64" (16.26mm) | Weight: 3.88oz (110.00g)
- BLADE STYLE: 3.45" (8.76cm) Drop-point style blade, weighing only 3.88oz (110.00g).
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: 154CM (58-61HRC) stainless steel with well-rounded characteristics, including good edge retention, overall toughness, and corrosion resistance.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Injection molded, GFN (Glass Filled Nylon) handle offers exceptional strength to weight, stainless steel liners, screws, AXIS, and coated reversible tip-up clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.